27 December 2013And Now Our Lives Are Complete
'Glistering' by Minny Pops features on a new budget-priced O Genesis Recordings compilation which is out now on iTunes UK. The track, which originally featured on an O Genesis 7" single, is in good company alongside songs by Tim Burgess, Stevie Moore, Nik Colk Void and many others.
1. Certain - Jack Underwood
2. Drumming Around the Room - Electricity In Our Homes
3. If You Want To Get Going, Get Talking To Me - Joseph Coward
4. Anytime Minutes - Tim Burgess
5. Boner Hit - Keel Her
6. Post Break Up Sex - Stevie Moore
7. Emma - Education For Death
8. Heavy Head Boy - Slowgun
9. Maths - Jack Underwood
10. A Case for Vinyl - Kurt Wagner
11. Gold E - Nik Colk Void
12. Sea of Leaves (Gabe Gurnsey Remix) - Blood Music
13. Little Douglas - Pavlovs Children
14. Glistering - Minny Pops
15. Big Love - Throwing Up
16. Hours / Ours (Bonus Track) - Tim Burgess & Asia Argento
17. More Power To Live (Bonus Track) - Hatcham Social
18. The Universe Explodes Into a Billion Protons of White Light (Bonus Track) - Membranes
19. Your Horse (Bonus Track) - Jack Underwood
Post punk cult band The Names emerged in the winter of 1977-1978 as The Passengers, gathering immediate attention on the local Brussels scene. In 1979, after a series of successful gigs and a crucial step forward opening for Magazine, they recorded their first E.P. ("Spectators Of Life") and attracted the interest of prominent label Factory Records in Manchester.
Their first British studio session (at Stockport's Strawberry Studio) produced the single "Nightshift" / "I Wish I Could Speak Your Language (Fac 29). Receiving enthusiastic reviews in the UK and abroad, it marked the start of a long and fruitful collaboration with producer Martin Hannett. The album "Swimming" followed as well as more singles, including "Calcutta" and "The Astronaut".
- extract from the official website biography