28 July 2013Section 25 Eigengrau (Klanggalerie) out now
Klanggalerie has invited some great bands from the avant-garde and industrial music spheres to remix a selection of tracks by Section 25 and the results may be heard in the new 14-track Eigengrau remix CD album.
Contributors include Atomizer, Monoton, Wrangler/Stephen Mallinder and 23 Skidoo and the results have given the tracks selected (both old and new) a radical refresh.
Read Flipside's Review [7.5/10].
The album is out now via LTM Mailorder.
1. Girls Don't Count (Atomizer Remix)
2. Beating Heart (Absolute Body Control Remix)
3. Desert (7JK Remix)
4. Colour Movement Sex & Violence (Monoton Remix)
5. Inner Drive (Dust Orchestra Remix)
6. Looking From a Hilltop (Wrangler/Stephen Mallinder Remix)
7. Desert (Samy Morpheus & Erge Storman Version)
8. The Process (Volcano The Bear Remix)
9. Uberhymn (DDAA Remix)
10. Desert (Shane Fahey Remix)
11. New Horizon (23 Skidoo Remix)
12. Girls Don't Count (Renaldo & The Loaf Remix)
13. Desert (:zoviet*france: Remix)
14. Dirty Disco (Portion Control Remix)
Post punk cult band The Names emerged in the winter of 1977-1978 as The Passengers, gathering immediate attention on the local Brussels scene. In 1979, after a series of successful gigs and a crucial step forward opening for Magazine, they recorded their first E.P. ("Spectators Of Life") and attracted the interest of prominent label Factory Records in Manchester.
Their first British studio session (at Stockport's Strawberry Studio) produced the single "Nightshift" / "I Wish I Could Speak Your Language (Fac 29). Receiving enthusiastic reviews in the UK and abroad, it marked the start of a long and fruitful collaboration with producer Martin Hannett. The album "Swimming" followed as well as more singles, including "Calcutta" and "The Astronaut".
- extract from the official website biography