26 March 2010Download Two Worlds Collide by Freebass
2. You Don't Know (This About Me) [Vocals By Tim Burgess]
3. The Milky Way Is Our Playground [Vocals By Pete Wylie]
4. Dark Starr [Vocals By Howard Marks]
5. Live Tomorrow You Go Down [Vocals By Peter Hook]
6. That's Life
Instrumental versions are also available at www.fac51thehacienda.com.
Post punk cult band The Names emerged in the winter of 1977-1978 as The Passengers, gathering immediate attention on the local Brussels scene. In 1979, after a series of successful gigs and a crucial step forward opening for Magazine, they recorded their first E.P. ("Spectators Of Life") and attracted the interest of prominent label Factory Records in Manchester.
Their first British studio session (at Stockport's Strawberry Studio) produced the single "Nightshift" / "I Wish I Could Speak Your Language (Fac 29). Receiving enthusiastic reviews in the UK and abroad, it marked the start of a long and fruitful collaboration with producer Martin Hannett. The album "Swimming" followed as well as more singles, including "Calcutta" and "The Astronaut".
- extract from the official website biography