09 February 2010Ceremony - A New Order tribute
A portion of the proceeds from album sales will benefit the Salford Foundation Trust's Tony Wilson Awards, established in his memory. The trust benefits children and young people who can demonstrate a special talent or ambition in the arts or creative skills. Since Ceremony will benefit talented young people, a special version of Ceremony on the album is performed by children to show an example of those who have the opportunity of music in their life.
The deluxe 2CD album has 32 tracks from artists across the musical spectrum and from around the USA and Europe, all of whom have been influenced by New Order including Detachments, Rabbit In The Moon, John Ralston, Sunbears!, The Cloud Room, GD Luxxe, The Dark Romantics, Pocket, Light Yourself On Fire, XOXO, Kites With Lights and many more! Peter Hook also contributes a lead-off dedication to AHW.
The package is rounded off with photos of New Order by Kevin Cummins and a rare image of Tony Wilson taken just before he announced his illness, taken by Katja Ruge.
For more info and to purchase the 2CD edition go to NewOrderTribute.com.
1. Strangely Enough Impact - Peter Hook (A Dedication to Tony Wilson)
2. Ceremony - Yes But No
3. Dream Attack - Kites With Lights
4. Blue Monday - Rabbit In The Moon
5. Crystal - The Dark Romantics
6. Sub-culture - Pocket feat. Shaun Robinson & Tracy Shedd
7. World - Solo Gigolos UK
8. Turn - Lone Wolf feat. Geri X
9. Mr Disco - Detachments
10. Paradise - The Beauvilles
11. Run - Christian Webb & Adam Knowles
12. Thieves Like Us - Sunbears!
13. 60 Miles An Hour - GD Luxxe
14. Love Vigilantes - Jimmy Oakes
15. All Day Long - John Ralston
16. Temptation - The Dark Esquire
17. The Him - Johnny Parry
1. As It Is When It Was - The Bedford Incident
2. Round & Round - Sibling
3. The Perfect Kiss - Detachments
4. Your Silent Face - Flight
5. This Time Of Night - Kingsbury
6. Blue Monday - The Cloud Room
7. Ceremony - The Sheaks
8. Sunrise - History
9. Chosen Time - Light Yourself On Fire
10. Leave Me Alone - Allegra Gellar
11. Every Little Counts - XOXO
12. Bizarre Love Triangle - Jimmy Oakes
13. Regret - Win Win Winter
14. 1963 - The Milling Gowns
15. Ceremony (Kites With Lights Remix) - Yes But No
Two additional collections of songs will be available as digital download albums released in support of this package: Ceremony - The Digital Album - 16 additional covers which do not appear on the CD set, and Twelve Versions of Ceremony - comprised entirely of versions of New Order's first single Ceremony.
The digital download version of this release and the two additional collections will be available at iTunes, Emusic, Amazon, Rhapsody & all other digital outlets to commemorate Tony Wilson's Birthday.
The CD version will be available from MVD Distribution and other good music retailers from 9 March 2010.
Post punk cult band The Names emerged in the winter of 1977-1978 as The Passengers, gathering immediate attention on the local Brussels scene. In 1979, after a series of successful gigs and a crucial step forward opening for Magazine, they recorded their first E.P. ("Spectators Of Life") and attracted the interest of prominent label Factory Records in Manchester.
Their first British studio session (at Stockport's Strawberry Studio) produced the single "Nightshift" / "I Wish I Could Speak Your Language (Fac 29). Receiving enthusiastic reviews in the UK and abroad, it marked the start of a long and fruitful collaboration with producer Martin Hannett. The album "Swimming" followed as well as more singles, including "Calcutta" and "The Astronaut".
- extract from the official website biography